- Salary - Grade
- GBP £41,346 to £46,392 41346 - PO3 - PO4
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term / Secondment
- Contract Length
- 12 months
- Contracted Hours
- Full Time - 36 hours per week
- DBS Required
- Climate, Homes and Economy
- Public Realm
- Closing date
1 Year Fixed Term / Secondment Opportunity
Are you looking for an opportunity to work as an Engineer and make a difference within Hackney, whilst still being able to develop your career and have a good work-life balance?
As a Senior Engineer working in the Street Lighting team, you will be responsible for managing, maintaining, and upgrading the asset and delivering a significant capital LED programme. We also provide a street lighting design and delivery service for developers/council schemes and a good quality/high performance service to our community.
We are looking for an individual who:
* Has the ability to work on your own initiative, using your engineering judgement and decision-making skills, including demonstrating excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Has experience of managing staff including, performance, absence and other Human Resources related issues.
* Will work well leading and as part of a team and demonstrate a customer focused approach and have excellent relationship management skills.
* Has experience of consultation and negotiation with other Directorates, Councils, statutory undertakers, and organisations to ensure all interested parties are fully informed of your projects.
* Has street lighting design qualifications and experience.
If you are interested in a very varied role which gives you the opportunity to use your knowledge and experience in Highways Street Lighting to contribute the ever-growing Highways Service in Hackney, please apply.
Hackney is one of the UK’s highest performing local authorities, serving one of London’s best places to live and work. We have achieved a huge amount: our services, our schools, our public spaces are all amongst the very best. We have changed the reputation, not just of the Council, but of Hackney itself. Bringing jobs and investment into the borough, securing the legacy from the 2012 Games, and making this a place of which we can all be proud.
If you want to work in a place where you can represent our values so we achieve the best for our residents, please click on the apply button below.
The recruitment process is anonymous. Therefore, we do not accept supporting statements or CVs.
When applying, there will be a number of questions relating to the post on the application form. It is essential that you complete the application questions, responding to each using examples of your skills, knowledge and experience.
Closing date for applications: 22 May 2022
Interview date: TBC
We are also working towards our vision, which is to be a place for everyone; where residents and staff can be proud; a place that celebrates diversity and where everyone can feel valued, included and involved. In order to achieve this, we look for people who are: Proud; Ambitious; Pioneering; Open; Proactive; Inclusive.
Hackney Council works to eradicate discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, age and marital status. We also recognise that people can be disadvantaged by their social and economic circumstances, so we will also work to eliminate discrimination and disadvantage caused by social class. We also welcome those interested in flexible working. We particularly welcome applications from disabled people, as this group is currently under represented in our workforce.
The Council has a dedicated employment support service (Hackney Works), which offers Hackney residents guidance in relation to applying for jobs. If you are thinking about applying for a job, please contact the Hackney Works team to find out what support is available: firstname.lastname@example.org