Senior Social Worker – Family Intervention and Support Service – Children & Families Service
- Salary - Grade
- GBP £46,719 to £48,747 46719 - PO4
- Contract Type
- Contracted Hours
- Full Time - 36 hours per week
- DBS Required
- Children & Education
- Children & Families Service
- Closing date
Senior Social Worker – Family Intervention and Support Service – Service – Children & Families Service
As part of our journey to be Anti-Racist, at Hackney we want our workforce to represent the community we serve, that’s why we encourage applications from Black and Global Majority Ethnic backgrounds.
Proud to work in Hackney – Our aspiration is for every child to grow up in a child-friendly borough and have the best start in life
As a Senior Social Worker for Hackney’s Children and Families Services, you will be able to access an outstanding range of local support services, supporting you to make a real difference for children and families. You will be working at the forefront of best practice in a social work unit led by a Consultant Social Worker and provided high level administrative support by a Unit Coordinator, supporting you to deliver high quality interventions to children and families.You will provide supervision to qualified social workers and support your Consultant Social Worker with the leadership and development of staff within your social work unit. We will help you to develop excellent social work practice, leading to career advancement at your own pace.
If you are an experienced qualified social work professional who is keen to deliver, support and develop exceptional practice in a supportive and creative environment then we want to hear from you.
Hackney’s Children and Families Senior Social Worker role provides an opportunity to shape children’s social work within a high profile local authority providing wide-ranging excellent training and development opportunities including through our partnerships with the North London Social Work Teaching Partnership, City and Hackney Safeguarding Children’s Partnership, Making Research Count and Research in Practice. We also have an Advanced Study Programme where staff can apply for and be supported with further advanced study. We will help you to develop excellent social work practice, leading to career advancement at your own pace.
Dynamic, innovative, committed and passionate, you’ll bring a comprehensive knowledge and skill-base to the challenge of working with vulnerable children and families.
Our service seeks to actively contribute to organisational learning through recognising, promoting and supporting best practice and service development where required, retaining a clear focus upon positive good outcomes for children and families across the borough. Hackney is proud of its organisational learning culture and strives to find innovative ways of engaging and facilitating change with young people and their families.
Over recent years we have become renowned for innovation. From Anti-Racist Practice, Contextual Safeguarding, Safe and Together, to Reclaiming Social Work, we have challenged norms and carved new paths. We value systemic leadership and encourage devolved decision-making at all levels – with senior managers working alongside front-line staff. Our teams are given excellent development opportunities and we are proud to be the first local authority to provide post-graduate qualifications in systemic practice.
You must hold a Social Work England recognised social work qualification or equivalent, be registered with Social Work England and have evidence of continuing professional development.
An enhanced DBS check is required.
Our refreshed Children’s Action Plan includes 7 ambitious future focused priorities for our service:
– Proud to be Hackney
– Proud to keep children safe and listen to Children and Families
– Proud to work with partner agencies to keep children safe and to help children and families get the right support at the right time
– Proud to work with partners to improve safety for children during adolescence in all contexts
– Proud to be Anti Racist
– Proud to promote a learning culture focused on outcomes for children, where great practice can flourish
– Proud to support our workforce to do their very best for children in Hackney
Hackney is one of London’s most vibrant and diverse boroughs. It’s one of the most sought after areas to live in London with good schools, parks and local amenities, as well as great transport links and vibrant and diverse communities.
We offer a great place to work with a working environment which is stimulating, creative, fast moving and supportive. Staff can access a range of benefits including:
– An outstanding range of local support services supporting you to make a difference for children and families
– The opportunity to build/shape your career in social work through our excellent training offer to staff including Mentoring and Coaching programmes, an Advanced Study Programme, our systemic training offer, our online learning hub and annual Hackney Stars awards
– Financial support for staff through our Tenancy deposit loan scheme, low cost loans, early access to pay and Childcare vouchers
– An excellent location with the ability to travel easily and cycle around the borough, accessing our Cycle to Work scheme
– Flexible working options including working remotely, buying annual leave scheme and flexible working
– Staff discount scheme (vectis card and local discounts across the borough including gyms, theatres and restaurants)
– An outstanding focus on Health and Wellbeing including discounted gym membership, eye tests, Employee Assistance Programme and a range of carer and family friendly leave options.
If you want to work in a place where you can represent our values so we achieve the best for our residents, please click on the apply button below.
The recruitment process is anonymous. Therefore, we do not accept supporting statements or CVs.
When applying, there will be a number of questions relating to the post on the application form. It is essential that you complete the application questions, responding to each using examples of your skills, knowledge and experience.
This application process replaces a supporting statement.
Closing date for applications: 26 March 2023
Assessment / Interviews: 17 & 18 April 2023
We are passionate about equal opportunities and welcome applicants with a broad diversity of talent and those who are interested in flexible working arrangements.
Our vision is that Hackney is a place for everyone; where residents and staff can be proud; a place that celebrates diversity and where everyone can feel valued, included and involved. In order to achieve this, we look for people who are: Proud; Ambitious; Pioneering; Open; Proactive; Inclusive.
Hackney Council works to eradicate discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, age and marital status. We also recognise that people can be disadvantaged by their social and economic circumstances, so we will also work to eliminate discrimination and disadvantage caused by social class. We also welcome those interested in flexible working. We particularly welcome applications from disabled people, as this group is currently under represented in our workforce.
The Council has a dedicated employment support service (Hackney Works), which offers Hackney residents guidance in relation to applying for jobs. If you are thinking about applying for a job, please contact the Hackney Works team to find out what support is available firstname.lastname@example.org