- Salary - Grade
- GBP £40,632 to £42,609 40632 - PO3
- Contract Type
- Contracted Hours
- Full Time - 36 hours per week
- DBS Required
- Finance & Corporate Resources
- Customer Services
- Closing date
Customer services has achieved extraordinary things this year, launching new contact channels, working with public health colleagues to deliver resident support, vaccination roll out and test and trace services, ( to name a few). They have taken on new responsibilities and new ways of working during a pandemic, while supporting residents when they have needed us more than ever.
Last year our teams supported over 850,000 resident enquiries on the telephone, our website received 2.2 million visits and after a successful launch of webchat have spoken to over 40,000 customers online.
We need to take our operations to the next level to not only provide empathetic meaningful interactions but to create an efficient multichannel experience for our residents.
As our workforce manager you will have overall responsibility for the management of staff scheduling, planning, performance KPIs and ensuring officers are multiskilled and in the right place at the right time for our customers 24/7
We are looking for someone that is experienced in:
- – Blending traditional and digital channels to ensure residents can contact us through the channel of their choice at a time that is convenient to them
- – Working in a large complex organisation, managing multiple services with varying priorities
- – Supporting team leaders in identifying performance improvement opportunities and leading on a programme to multiskill
- – Predicting and forecasting trends in demand and delivering solutions that will enable us to continue to have meaningful conversations with all of our customers
- – Managing real time functions to support operational effectiveness in the moment
Reporting to the Head of Customer Operations, to succeed in this role, you will emerge in the detail and willing to show courage in implementing changes that will improve our services.
- – Ensure we are available on all channels at the right time for our customers within the constraints of our budget envelope
- – To own and develop the skills matrix to ensure we are optimising of officers to deal with demand
- – To produce reports to enable the customer services management team to understand current performance and make recommendations for improvements where required
- – Understanding services and residents needs in order to prioritise different elements of the service at various times
Skills and Experience
- – Experienced in working in a busy contact centre environment in a complex organisation
- – Proven track record of effective partnership working and stakeholder management
- – Demonstrated experience of using workforce management tools and techniques to improve performance
- – Understand what great performance looks like and how to convey this to stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
Hackney is one of the UK’s highest performing local authorities, serving one of London’s best places to live and work. We have achieved a huge amount: our services, our schools, our public spaces are all amongst the very best. We have changed the reputation, not just of the Council, but of Hackney itself. Bringing jobs and investment into the borough, securing the legacy from the 2012 Games, and making this a place of which we can all be proud.
If you think you are the ideal candidate for this role here are three things we think you should know
- – You will be part of a team responsible for shaping and driving the future of the service to support Hackney residents
- – You can work flexibly and remotely, you will be supported by a team of passionate professionals, all with the same goal, improving resident experience
- – You will have a role with meaning, you can make a difference to thousands of people lives with what you achieve
If you want to work in a place where you can represent our values so we achieve the best for our residents, please click on the apply button below.
When applying, there will be a number of questions relating to the post on the application form. It is essential that you complete the application questions, responding to each using examples of your skills, knowledge and experience. You are not required to submit a supporting statement or CV.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 26 September 2021
We are also working towards our vision, which is to be a place for everyone; where residents and staff can be proud; a place that celebrates diversity and where everyone can feel valued, included and involved. In order to achieve this, we look for people who are: Proud; Ambitious; Pioneering; Open; Proactive; Inclusive.
Hackney Council works to eradicate discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, age and marital status. We also recognise that people can be disadvantaged by their social and economic circumstances, so we will also work to eliminate discrimination and disadvantage caused by social class. We also welcome those interested in flexible working. We particularly welcome applications from disabled people, as this group is currently under represented in our workforce.
The Council has a dedicated employment support service (Hackney Works), which offers Hackney residents guidance in relation to applying for jobs. If you are thinking about applying for a job, please contact the Hackney Works team to find out what support is available: email@example.com