Join an award-winning programme, and ‘earn while you learn’ with an apprenticeship at Hackney Council.
An apprenticeship is a full time job with 20% of your time spent studying. Apprenticeships last from one to four years, depending on the qualification you’re taking.
There are more than 100 apprentices at the Council. They work in lots of different areas, such as Housing, ICT, Trades, Business Administration, Youth Work, and Finance. Our apprenticeships are mainly at Levels 2, 3 and 4.
Visit our Apprenticeship Programme Website to learn more.
See our Current Vacancies.
- All our apprentices earn at least the London Living Wage (£10.55 per hour)
- We were named the Top Public Sector Employer at the School Leaver Awards 2018 and 2019, and Large Employer of the Year for London at the National Apprenticeship Awards 2019.
4) You must fulfil one of the following: (Eligibility will be checked)
- You are resident in the London Borough of Hackney OR
- You are a current or former student at a school, college or an alternative education provider (e.g. a PPRU) in Hackney OR
- You are receiving or have received Hackney leaving care services
We encourage applications from 16-24 year olds, particularly for our Level 2 and 3 apprenticeships, which usually don’t require any prior qualifications. However, there is no upper age limit for any of our apprenticeships. Our higher level apprenticeships (Levels 4, 5, 6) may be more suited to those with more experience or prior qualifications. Please see individual role details for more information.
We have three main recruitment windows each year. All our apprenticeships are listed on the Hackney Works Opportunities page. You can also sign up for the Hackney Jobs Newsletter on the Hackney Works homepage to be kept informed about apprenticeships and other opportunities.
Apprenticeships with Local Employers
Our Hackney Works team can support you to find and apply for apprenticeships with local employers in sectors like Construction, Digital, Hospitality, and Creative.