Join an award-winning programme, and ‘earn while you learn’ with an apprenticeship at Hackney Council.
An apprenticeship is a full time job with 20% of your time spent studying. Apprenticeships last from one to four years, depending on the qualification you’re taking.
There are more than 100 apprentices at the Council. They work in lots of different areas, such as Housing, ICT, Trades, Business Administration, Youth Work, and Finance. Our apprenticeships are from Level 2 (entry-level) to Level 6 (degree-level).
See our Current Vacancies.
- All our apprentices earn at least the London Living Wage (£10.75 per hour)
- We were named the Top Public Sector Employer at the School Leaver Awards 2018 and 2019, and Large Employer of the Year for London at the National Apprenticeship Awards 2019.
4) Meet at least one of the following criteria:
- You are a current resident of the London Borough of Hackney
- You are a current student at a Hackney education institution (school, college, university, PRU/alternative provision, Adult Learning provision)
- You are a former student at a Hackney secondary education institution and completed at least one GCSE or equivalent Level 2 qualification there
- You are a current or former recipient of Hackney leaving care services.
Read individual job descriptions carefully for detailed eligibility requirements. Please note that eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process.
Our Level 2 and 3 apprenticeships usually don’t require any prior qualifications. There is no upper age limit for any of our apprenticeships. Our higher level apprenticeships (Levels 4, 5, 6) usually require you to have prior qualifications or some relevant experience.
Our main recruitment period is May/June for September starts, but we also recruit periodically throughout the year. All our apprenticeships are listed on the Hackney Works Opportunities page. You can also sign up for the Hackney Jobs Newsletter on the Hackney Works homepage to be kept informed about apprenticeships and other opportunities.
Apprenticeships with Local Employers
Our Hackney Works team can support you to find and apply for apprenticeships with local employers in sectors like Construction, Digital, Hospitality, and Creative.