Join Hackney’s Adult Services
Join our Adult Services
At Hackney, we use a strengths-based approach to support people who use our services and their carers to lead independent and healthy lives. We pride ourselves on a strong team ethos with supportive management and multi-disciplinary teams, giving you an opportunity to work with service users and their families in a joined-up way.
As a social worker, you’ll have a varied portfolio and the opportunity to strengthen your personal professional skills and development.
Hackney has a diverse and multicultural community. When working in the office, you’ll work in a state of the art building, surrounded by a wide range of bars, shops, discounted gyms, restaurants and green space.
Rewards & benefits:
- Up to £45,594 for a Senior Practitioner, £42,609 for a Social Worker
- An accredited TimeWise council offering highly flexible working
- Wellbeing Champions, offering advice, information & support
- Reviews of caseloads to ensure manageability
- Regular 121 supervision to practice reflective sessions
- Peer to peer learning – including buddy and mentoring schemes
- Financial support for appropriate professional qualifications
You will also receive:
- Unrivalled pension scheme
- Range of local discounts and and subsidised gym membership
- Staff loans and Cycle to work scheme
- Oyster Cards and pool bikes for travel to work-related appointments
Caring and creative: Working for Hackney
Hackney Council’s staff values
Learning and development academy
About Adult Services
We have an exciting programme of transformation ahead where you can help shape the services of the future.
We've developed our innovative Hackney Adult Services Practice Academy to help you develop your career.
Valuing our staff
We have a number of health and wellbeing initiatives and our flexible working requests are open to all staff.
We're looking for highly skilled social workers who can provide a person-centred and strengths-based practice.
We're looking for skilled and enthusiastic practitioners to support our social workers and deliver the best outcomes for our residents.
You'll carry out assessments to identify needs and make recommendations.
In Hackney, we are continually innovating and transforming to better support people who have care and support needs to build on their strengths and connections.