Everyone at Hackney Council has an important job to do. From social workers and street cleaners to accountants and software developers, our services affect the day to day lives of everyone who lives, works and visits our borough. Whether or not our services have a direct impact on them, people in Hackney rely on us to do our best.
We believe excellent services rely on highly skilled, motivated people. As one of our employees, we will support you with a range of benefits and opportunities. We are hoping to make life a bit easier for you – with the right support, we can help you to give your best at work, and achieve a balance with home life.
We welcome a diversity of talent here, so our benefits and policies are designed to reflect a variety of needs.
Key benefits include:
- Generous holiday allowance – 27 days a year, rising to 32 after five years
- Unrivaled pension scheme
- Flexible working options
- Family friendly policies
- A range of discounts, including subsidised gym membership
- Access to financial and season ticket loans
- Health and wellbeing benefits, such as lunchtime fitness classes
- A comprehensive training and development offer
- We are a member of Cyclescheme and offer free pool bikes
- A Disability Confident Employer
- A promoter of inclusive leadership
- Rated ‘Excellent’ in the Equality Standard for Local Government
- A London Living Wage Employer
- Hackney has been rated as excellent in the Healthy Workplace Charter
- A Stonewall Champion
- A Timewise Council
- Rated Excellent in the Mayor of London’s Healthy Workplace Charter.
- Excellent in the Mayor for London’s Good Work Standard