- Our basic annual leave entitlement, without local government continuous service, is 27 days per year
- After five years of service (or of continuous local government service) you become entitled to 32 days per year
- If you work part-time your leave entitlement will be calculated on a pro rata basis.
The Council’s annual leave period runs from 1 April to 31 March. You have the opportunity once a year to purchase up to 10 days of annual leave.
The Council understands many staff have caring responsibilities, and consideration will be made by managers to people’s commitments at home.
Parents have additional statutory rights. In some cases, the Council has enhanced the provisions to provide further support. Hackney’s family-related policies include:
- Maternity Leave and Pay
- Shared Parental Leave and Pay
- Adoption and Surrogacy Leave and Pay
- Maternity Support Leave and Pay (including Paternity leave)
- All Council employees are entitled to up to 52 weeks of maternity leave regardless of their length of service or working hours. Employees with at least 26 weeks of continuous service (as at 15 weeks before the expected birth date) can claim up to 39 weeks of statutory pay during this time Employees may be entitled to additional contractual maternity pay depending on the length of service.
Our flexible working arrangements cover:
- Part-time working
- Compressed hours
- Annualised hours
- Term-time only working
- Unpaid leave